Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Vital Friends by Tom Rath


This is for all my friends, but especially those who are parents of gifted children out there. I learned about this book from a lecture I found in the archives of the SENG [Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted] website. The lecture is titled The Problem of Loneliness: Finding Friends and Fitting in When You Are Gifted, and it's found on the Seng website, about two-thirds of the way down the page I have linked to here. The lecturer talks about the different roles friends play in our lives, how important they are, and recommends this book.
This book lists various roles different friends take, and talks about where to look, in our lives, for friends who fill various roles.
Marvelous book, highly, highly, highly recommended - not only by the lecturer I've mentioned here, but by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment